Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2 Day 1

This is the first day of the second week of Summer Card Camp 2 with Online Card Classes. This has been a tremendous learning experience so far, and it's only been one full week. I love working on each card, trying new techniques and challenges, getting out of my comfort zone. I am learning to defy the inner voice that says, "Ah, come on, we don't have to do all that" or "I've never done that before so I don't want to." Believe me, it's been a hard habit to break! Now, I say, Just Do It! So, I do.

Even though this is a new week with a new lesson, I had to make another window card like we learned last week...just had to. I am determined this has to be easier than I've made it.

 Was it easier? Well, no, not really...as you can see, I STILL forgot to EMBOSS the window! DUH. When will I remember, besides the middle of the night in my sleep? I don't know, but the day will come, I'm sure. With this card, at the advice of  good friend with good taste, I painted the front just as I did on an earlier camp day. Painted the stamp, spritzed it, then ran it down the page. This was the result. The butterflies are in the same colors.




Okay, so here we are for today's lesson. We learned how to make circle cards, and for the middle layer, I followed teacher Kristina Werner's advice and inked up my craft mat with Distress Inks in blue, green and brown, then spritzed it with water before laying the watercolor paper down flat into the ink. The watercolor paper had been embossed with a floral image, which shows through after it hits the wet ink. Once it was dried, I cut it into the smaller circle for the card and, on the second card below, I layered with a silver embossed sentiment on vellum.

This was my first attempt. I created a very small inner circle so the printed sentiment would show through.

I decided I could do better, so here's my next try:

So, which one do you like the best? I'm curious. Please leave a comment and let me know. I love your comments, and they really make my day when I read them at the end of the day. Thank you!



9 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I really like that last card with the silver embossed sentiment. Great paper choices on that card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking out the cards - These looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Sharon! My fave is the first, but they are both beautiful done! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!!!! You did SOOO MUCH BETTER than I did today! My brain WOULDN'T START!!!!!!! You got SOOOO MUCH DONE!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sharon - don't make me choose, they're all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second circle card the Best! it's not cluttered and has a nice strong design. I'm finding more and more that if I walk away from a card for a couple of hours, I can almost always see where it needs a bit less or more contrast, embellishment or change in design. Like you, I love the opportunity to try new things, even if it does mean a bit of a mental push!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the second one best. It's not very nice of you to make me choose just one lol All your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are pretty but the second one speaks louder to me! I love the embossed image. You have been a busy girl! Isn't it fun? I really like how your painted panel turned out on the top card. I have to get past my fear of window cards too. Maybe tomorrow, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the butterfly card the best, but they're all good. Thanks for your kind comments on my cards. Just think, we have a whole 'nother week of class left!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!