Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ombre!

Week 2, Day 2, Summer Card Camp2

WooHoo! Today we learned how to create an Ombre effect with embossing powders. So Cool! Amber Kemp-Gerstel provided a video where she demonstrates how to ink up a sentiment stamp with VersaMark, stamp it, then layer different shades of embossing powder, one below the other, to give an ombre look when it is heat embossed. So Cool -- oops, I already said that!

I tried it first in blue, then green.

Obviously, I placed these on panels that were dry embossed with various patterns. This time I won't ask which one you like the best, but feel free to tell me if you want. lol

10 comments:

  1. They are both very cute! I love the way the ombre effect looks and I will have to try that hopefully tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ombre work, Sharon! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embossing, Sharon! These both turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your ombre work!! Such pretty cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! What a great sentiment to use for this type of look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really got that ombre look with both of these cards. Great font choice and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow awesome work with the embossing powder ombre technique! I also love the dry embossing on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on the Ombre! My fave is absolutely the green card, perhaps because I love green colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the second one better. I like the randomness of the buttons. Green is one of my favorite colors and I love these shades.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossing and the buttons on both take these up to another level-- and of course the ombre effect is just right!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!