Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Embossing: Week 2 Day 2 Part 2



Coming up with proper titling for class homework is getting longer as the weeks progress. This is the second card for me in today's gallery, the second day of the second week.

First, I two-step-stamped all the flowers in light and dark blues and greens, then went back and stamped the first layer again but in VersaMark, followed by a sprinkling of clear embossing powder. I heat embossed the clear powder.

My next step is a little different from our video from Jennifer McGuire. She water-colored around her flowers, showing where she had embossed. Mine did not turn out very good when I first attempted that, so I tried again but instead used a distress tool and sponged the ink (Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers) around the flowers. It obviously resisted where I had heat embossed the clear powder on top. Kind of a cool effect! I added the sentiment on top, stamped in brown. If you look closely in the picture (or not), you can see something sticking out of the side of the card. That's the flower pot holding up the card! It's a bit windy outside. :)

Hope you like the embossed card! This was another day of dedicated stamping, trying the various techniques taught in this morning's class. I am loving this!

7 comments:

  1. Very cool effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. The colors look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER JOB Sharon!!!!!! I am LOOOOOOOOOOOVING these Embossing Techniques!!!!;) Heat embossing is one of my FAV'S!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you created the resist with the water colors around the flowers. It looks beautiful. Great job on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! I love this resist technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful! I love that you used the blending tool and inked over the whole embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!