Friday, July 26, 2013

Embossed Flower

Online Card Class Summer Card Camp 2
Week Three, Day Five

 Today is our fifth day of the third week of Summer Card Camp 2. Monday, we will have a wrap-up session, and that will be it. To say I will miss this class would be an understatement. Looking back over the past three weeks, I realize I have learned so much more than imagined possible. I have worked hard every day on the homework assignments and enjoyed every minute of it, including the moments of frustration.

Today, with a new color palette, I selected a lesson given by Amy Kolling where she demonstrated via tutorial how to dry emboss a flower image onto white cardstock, then ink with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I have the pink, Spun Sugar and the green, Shabby Shutters, on hand, so that is what I used that followed her demo pretty closely. I am almost happy with the result, but I feel it needs a little more of something -- color, embellishment, ribbon perhaps? I don't know, but your comments are welcome to give me your suggestions. (After posting this, I went back to the class and noticed pearls were a part of the card, so I added some small pearls to the center of the flower and also to the four points on the sentiment piece. That helped...a little, but no updated picture.)

Thank you for checking in with me these past few weeks and leaving such encouraging comments. They keep me going!

8 comments:

  1. Elegant card. We have shared lots over these weeks, learning from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on a CASE of Amy's card. I will miss this class as well. It's been a fabulous three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great casing of Amy's card, Sharon! It's beautiful! And yes, I'm sure the pearls were the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER JOB SHARON!!!!!!!!!:) I've enjoyed getting to know you too during this Camp! AND we'll keep in touch??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following you by e-mail!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I will miss camp to :( The three weeks went so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Sharon. I can just imagine how perfect the pearls look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, this card is great! Some pearls or Stickles (diamonds or stardust perhaps) would finish it off nicely.

    But I like it just how it is.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!