Monday, July 22, 2013

Purple Chevron

Online Card Class Summer Card Camp 2
Third Week, First Day 

Today we began a new color palette--brown, light brown, blue, purple, light purple. Oh, my...this has been a most challenging day putting those colors together! Jennifer McGuire showed us a fantastic pattern she created putting triangle stamps together in different colors. Amazing! Well, there isn't a single triangle stamp in the Wilmington area that I could find. Fortunately, Jennifer gave us a glimpse of possibilities with a chevron pattern...which I do own.

Here is my first attempt with the chevron pattern, stamped up and down first, then sideways, on top of each other. I used Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress Ink, followed by Memories Unicorn White Pigment ink.

I used some thick kraft paper (like paper sack) for the banner, embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts Operation Write Home Stamp Set in white.  The stars are from the same set, dotted with Liquid Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by! Please be sure to leave a comment so I'll be inspired to keep on going through these challenging days of creative art. I love learning new things and getting out of my comfort zone a bit, but I think I've stepped clear out of the box!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun pattern you created! Like the sentiment you chose for this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background looks GREAT!!!!!!!:) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty too! You've sure been busy today making lots of beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, girl...you've been very busy! These chevrons are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be proud, it turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide if I like the brown background or the purple one. They're really different, but both are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. I found this precision stamping quite difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Sweet Sharon, you have been a busy, busy girl and are doing great work outside your comfort zone. I love both chevron cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon-this card ROCKS!! I LOVE how you used that chevron. That background came out so cool. I had a tough time on this and wound up scrapping it and doing something else. Your card makes me want to dig out my chevron stamps and try again. Really, really great job on this technique!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!