Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Die Cut Embossing

Online Card Class Summer Card Camp2
Week Three, Day Two

Today we were shown some ways to dress up die cuts by embossing with various colors. Although my library of dies is quite limited, I am fortunate to have a friend who sent me a Get Well gift of several intricate die cuts. This is where I went to find the main image on my card. Although it was cut in green paper, I covered it with VersaMark, then coated with Stampendous Lilac Embossing Powder and heat embossed. I did that twice, rather than three or four times as shown in Jennifer McGuire's class video because the die cut was only one layer and a bit flimsy with all the handling.


To keep with the color palette, I added light blue dots with Baby Blue Liquid pearls and layered onto dark purple paper. The side panel has a dry embossed panel. To get a shade of brown in there, I added a tan cord around the card and tied with a bow. The sentiment is also heat embossed in the Stampendous Lilac Embossing Powder.

This is probably one of my favorites from the class. I felt no frustration and enjoyed the changes I was making in the elements used. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by! See you again soon.

10 comments:

  1. I like your squares that are dry embossed on the side panel! And the tan cord is great too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and nice use of colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the card and on using what you've got on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great making do! I hold my breath every day hoping I have something close to the teachers materials to work with. You made it happen and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the die you chose and the embossed edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, you "tied" everything together perfectly! It's so fun when everything just falls together, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY PRETTY SHARON!!!!!:) You did a FABULOUS JOB on this!!!!!! LOOOOOOVE your die!!!!!:) I KNOW what you mean about this being a more RELAXED class today!!! LOL I SHOULD HAVE BEEN a basket case as I had to go out...! AND I'm SO GLAD that I've encouraged you! SOMETIMES, that's all we need!!! Keep Smiling & Stamping On!!!!!:) Your Friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a terrific vine! It just makes your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on altering your green die cut to make it work with our colour combo. I am loving learning so many neat tricks of the trade!! Very pretty card Sharon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely version of Jennifer's card! Great use of the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!