Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thanks

Week 2, Day 4, Summer Card Camp2

Here is a second card for this fourth day of the second week of Summer Card Camp 2. We were challenged to put together a non-holiday card using holiday stamps. I started looking at the various words on my holiday stamps and noticed how some were pieced together. Visually, I began separating the words and came up with this, using three different stamp sets from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life (stephaniebarnardstamps.com). This card is intended for a few very close family members who have brought me peace, love and joy all year round, not just for the holidays.


You can tell where some of the stamps came from, but others, maybe not. Obviously, the Thanks and the giving came from Thanks4Fall, Thanksgiving stamp set. Me came from Merry in Merry Christmas in Joy2Christmas, and Love, Peace and Joy came from Trees4Christmas.

While I was able to stick with most of the color palette, I found it more difficult to fit this very close to the sketch. Still, this was a fun challenge. As the night moves forward, no doubt I'll be coming up with more ideas how to create for this challenge. It's possible...at least, until my feet hurt!

3 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE Sharon!!!!!! You did a FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The number four is so cool. Great use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I love, love your card! Very put together!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!