Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Trees

Week 2, Day 4, Summer Card Camp2

Today's camp challenge was to use a holiday stamp for a non-holiday card. Could be Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, misc. I used a small Christmas Tree in the shape of a triangle that I stamped both ways to create a strip across the center of the circle card. I also used stars from a different Christmas stamp in addition to using the word "happy" from a "happy holidays" sentiment. I got brave -- I just cut it!


All three stamps sets, Joy2Christmas, Penquins4Christmas and Trees4Christmas, are from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life (stephaniebarnardstamps.com).

Thanks for looking! Love your comments -- they are a real boost!

11 comments:

  1. Great job using today's challenge with one of the sketches for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER JOB SHARON!!!! :) I LOOOOOOVE the little trees! The look like a geometric SHAPES!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea to turn the tree into pennants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job. I cut some stamps up today too! Scary...I hope I can find all the pieces when I clean my scraproom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Sharon! That challenge is super hard!!! I'm about to see what Christmas stamps I have that can be turned into a non-holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great non-Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful card, Sharon! It is scary cutting apart rubber stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute use of the non-holiday stamping!It made such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute use of the non-holiday stamping!It made such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!