Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Watercolors


For one example in Online Card Class's Summer Card Camp 2 today, we were shown how to ink a stamp with paint, spritz it with water and run it down the watercolor paper until no color appeared. This was one I really did not want to try. I did not think I had the right kind of ink or paint, and I knew I did not have the same stamp they used in class. (Their stamp was an image of a brushstroke.) But, after trying the other homework option and discovering that it could be more impossible to achieve, I went for this one. Using a postage stamp image instead of a brushstroke image, I did it! Amazingly, the paint strokes on the background of my card look a lot like that in the teacher's example. Yay!

Thank you for looking at today's post. I appreciate your comments and am thrilled to read every one of them. Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. I am hoping the stamp I have will work that well. See you in class . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great card, I might try this technique now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect! Did you use Gelatos? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh! Pretty, pretty!!! Love the whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Look at you go, girl!!! Can't wait to see the next day's assignments!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Dang! (That's not a bad word is it?) Sharon, This turned out sooo beautiful!! You are totally encouraging me to try this, too! Love the color combination! Okay, I'm taking a deep breath, and off I go to my craft room......

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!! I love how it came out! I also like where you put your window in this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This worked out really great! C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sharon! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fabulous job, Sharon! It looks like you loaded up water colors on a wet paper and let them drip down!! What kind of ink did you use??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock girl!! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Sharon! I haven't had a chance to try this technique yet and you rocked it! You sure have been busy! I haven't had a chance to try all the different techniques yet, but you are inspiring me to try harder! FAB cards!
    Hugs,
    Katherine :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!