Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4 Part 2, Again


Today was the day for our 10-Minute Challenge. My first card, (see below, with the folded circles), created soon after 9 AM class, was a success, as far as the timing is concerned. I wasn't too excited about the card, however, so by 4:30 in the afternoon I decided to try another card.

This time I went for Marion Vagg's example where she gave a tutorial for "Colored Die Cuts." I figured that couldn't be too hard, so I added some extra steps. For one, I die cut the edge of the cardstock that is embossed with Stampin Up's Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder. I love that EF--it looks so elegant. The Die-namic Bracket Edge Die just arrived in today's mail, which was exciting, so I had to use it! To help direct the eye, I added a strip of yellow paper just above the curved edge..

The butterfly is colored with Copic YR04, YR07 and RV29. I did not have the same colors Marion used in her example, but they are close. I also used a Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Glitter Pen and some small pearls. The sentiment is from Flower Friend stamp set from SSS. I think that's it...oh, yea! Did I make the 10-minute deadline? Did you notice how crooked the sentiment is? That's when the buzzer went off!

And here's how crooked everything else was by the time I got done!!!


Hope you like this afternoon's card. I am so glad you're here! Please leave a comment. Online Card Class Summer Card Camp 2 is awesome!




10 comments:

  1. This came out so nice!! I like that you tried it a second time. Me? No way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I think using that embossing folder was genius! It gives you a lot of bang for your buck! Love the decorative edge and the sentiment font as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this one! That embossed background is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing Sharon, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon! I found your desk which DOES look exactly lke mine! Your card is elegant. Sometines the simplest designs are the most dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sharon, I love the shaped edge at the bottom. Well done with the time it took too - I went way over the 10 minutes with mine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!