Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 5, Acetate Window

 This card took me most of the day to create. It just went on and on and on and on, but I finally got it finished. First it was difficult to choose which colors I wanted to use, based on what paper I have available. With that, I knew it could be a long afternoon! Next, I couldn't get the die to cut the circle out of the card base because I'd already layered paper on top and it was too thick. After about 8 or 10 run-throughs, it cut and I was able to layer the acetate and make the window from first into the second page of the three-page card. Once that was done, I was able to finish up with flowers, swirls and the Happy Birthday sentiment.

Here, you can see the front and second pages in this card. I layered the opening page with pink and lace. Like Kristina Werner's example, I kept the last page in white and left it blank for personal notes.
Not a very flattering picture, but that shows you the three layers. This card turned out to be a bit bulky and would probably cost extra to mail. Otherwise, hand delivery would work fine.  Anybody have a birthday coming up? Hmmmmmm, let me see....could be!

Please make my day and leave a comment. I enjoy sharing with each other as class progresses. There's a lot to learn and we can always encourage each other with a simple comment. Hope you are enjoying Summer Card Camp as much as I am!

3 comments:

  1. I have to laugh! I did a similar card and it took me three hours of fumbling around and making decisions. I love the feeling of motion on your card, I think it turned out great. The new color groups are still a challenge, but I will try another one this weekend. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My window card took me two days to make!! It was difficult getting all the pieces pull together. Your card is great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flourish across your window panel. Looks like you're having fun in class.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!