Monday, August 5, 2013

Polished Stone

 Today 's post is a card created using the "Polished Stone" technique where you dab alcohol inks onto glossy cardstock, then top off with Adirondack's Gold Metallic Alcohol Ink Mixative. The effect looks like polished stone.

 I have included some close-ups so you can see how it looks. I used Stampin Up alcohol inks in Island Indigo first, and Pool Party second. Finally, I topped it off with the Gold Mixative.
In Gina K's video on Gina K Design's Stamp TV, her example showed the colors breaking up into streaks with the use of regular, household alcohol in addition to what's already in the alcohol inks. Mine didn't do that, however, and I used plenty of the alcohol. Not sure why mine turned out differently, but I still like it.

So, what do you think? Do you like the Polished Stone look? If so, give it a try! You just need some felt to go on the Tim Holtz dabber (not it's official name, but that's all I can think of at this moment), some household alcohol, and some shades of alcohol ink. Give it a try with two or three colors, then top off with Adirondack's Gold Alcohol Ink Mixative, but give it a good shake first so it is mixed well--that stuff separates easily. This needs to go on Glossy Cardstock, btw.

I love your comments. They truly keep me going, so please leave a sentence or two and say Hi! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Sharon! This is one of my favorite techniques. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!