Saturday, April 30, 2016

Clear & Sheer Day 3



Hi everybody! I'm here with homework from Day 3 at Online Card Classes' Clear & Sheer class. I finished this card yesterday but immediately hesitated to post it. First, I wasn't sure a clear acrylic card would show up in the picture, and second, I wasn't sure I was finished with the card. I decided to go ahead and show you this, and if I redo it, I'll post the second one later.

Our focus on the card was using clear acrylic material for either tags or cards. I decided to try an acrylic card since I already had some. If it looks cloudy to you, there's a reason for that. I just realized I didn't take the film off the clear card before adding the images! Just now saw that on a different piece...of course, I see it after the card is finished & posted! DUH!

Using a Lawn Fawn stamp set called Loads of Fun, I glued some die cut images on the front of the card and then glued the rest of the arrangement on the inside. The sentiment is on the outside. I die cut the same images in white to attach to the other side of where it's originally glued so the adhesive wouldn't show through. That includes the little bubbles. They're so little it was kind of hard to get them to stick. I used Copics to color the images.

My question is, should I've put a piece of patterned paper on the inside of the card for use as a background? Would it look better? These images seem to be floating on the card. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~ Day 4 is coming up tomorrow, if all goes well.


5 comments:

  1. What a fun card Sharon, I love it!! I think having the film left on the clear adds to the look and I like it without patterned paper. Can't wait to see your card tomorrow. I love it when you take these classes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, it's nice to "meet" you. I think all of the cards you've done for class are great. Your colors on day 2 look really pretty. I used regular ink pads on my first card and I'm like yoou, I had it everywhere. For my second card I got out my little ink cubes and they were so easy to use for this technique. For this card I dont think you need a background paper. The sentiment at the top sort of anchors the design and everything is sitting at the bottom, like sitting on the floor of the laundry room! I love this class and the gals that do those online classes. I always learn so much. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kind of cool and way out of MY comfort zone. Good For you! :) Love that stamp set, have seen it made into a Shaker card. You should just cut a piece of Designer Paper and lay it inside, see if you like it better or worse. Just don't adhere it down until you decide. Glad you are having fun in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Donna, try it out and see which you like better. I would never attempt this, and you have done it perfectly. Really cute, and really, really unusual. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific! I'm in that class and need to get caught up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!