Monday, April 25, 2016

Find A Song


Hello! Hope your week has begun with a boost of positive energy! Mondays can be tough, I know.

This is a card most of you have already seen in other places I've posted it. Since I'm starting a new Online Card Class called Clear & Sheer, I wanted to put this in the pre-class Gallery.



To create this card, I first heat embossed the birds, tree branch and sentiment in VersaFine Black ink. Then, after it cooled, I sponged on Mustard Seed, Orange Marmalade and Festive Berries Distress Inks by Tim Holtz. I spent a lot of time blending the inks so there isn't any clear line between the colors. That takes a lot of patience, but it's worth it. That was the #1 lesson I learned when sponging these inks together.

That was basically it! I just lined the layer with black cardstock, then put it on a yellow cardstock base called Lemon Drop by Gina K Designs. (I'd link this to her site, but it's currently not working.)

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again soon ~




4 comments:

  1. I liked this card when I saw it on Stamp TV. I am taking the class also. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous card. LOVE the colors, and your sponging is perfect. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, saw it on Face Book! Your colors and sponging are PERFECT! I just love the birds and branch silhouette! It's a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! Ditto what Donna said...except I didn't see it on Facebook
    :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!