Friday, April 29, 2016

Clear & Sheer Day 2


Hi everyone! I'm here with homework from Day 2 of Online Card Classes Clear & Sheer. We're having lots of fun learning new ideas for vellum and acetate.

Following a video from Jennifer McGuire, I simply swiped various colors of ink on the back side of a piece of vellum. Before it dried, I wiped it off and let it dry. For the flower, I heat embossed in white an image from Clearly Besotted called Fresh Flowers. The sentiment (from a set by Hero Arts) was stamped on a strip of white cardstock and adhered to the bottom of the card. I also added a die cut piece from Allison's Ribbons die.

This card took some practice. It's kind of hard not to get ink everywhere. I kept getting it on my fingers while I was swiping it on the vellum, then I'd touch the vellum to line it up again. Ink would get everywhere. BUT...I really like how it turned out, so I kept trying until I got it done without ink spots on the vellum. Just a little warning in case you try this!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~ Day 3's homework will be here sometime tomorrow probably. Take it easy and have a good day!




5 comments:

  1. That's STUNNING!!! Beautiful colors, love the simplicity of the white embossed flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. You did a good job. Mine went to the trash. I have to try again and take inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! The bright colors and then the white embossing just pop. Great take on the lesson, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna & Judy said it all. Those bright colors are so beautiful with the white embossed flower. It's simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to give this a try! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!