Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Clear & Sheer Day 1


Hello everybody! I'm so excited to show you my homework from the first day of Clear & Sheer Online Card Class!

Day 1 was about attaching vellum to our cards. There are various ways to do this, but I decided to follow an example given by Kristina Werner where she wrapped the piece of vellum around the sides of the layered piece.

In my card, I wrapped the vellum around the top layer of the card, not around the second (black layer), too. That's how I prefer to do it, but I have seen where it is wrapped around the top two layers and it looks okay.

Gina K's latest Stamp TV kit, Sending Love, was used most of this card. I stamped the flowers (incentive gift), leaves & butterflies in various colors on a white layer and then added the vellum piece with the heat-embossed sentiment on it. The patterned paper and the card base made of Lemon Drop cardstock were in the kit. I added a few embellishments from my own stock. Not sure I like them, but I'm "chewing" on that for a few days.

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~ Day 2 of Sheer & Clear is coming up soon!


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I like the colors

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS background, the colors and images are beautiful! LOVE adding Vellum to a card, it just makes it look classier lol Looks like you're having FUN in your class...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to do my vellum that way too....it's tricky to attach vellum. Your card is really pretty with the soft blues and greens. Love the black mat along with the gingham, great layering. And the sequins are the just the perfect final touch! Can't wait to see what you have for us next. That class sounds intriguing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Sharon! I like the layering and the colors you used. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the background with those soft colors. Your layering with the black mat and the gingham is perfect. You can stop "chewing" now and swallow because your added embellishments are just the right touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw day two and came back to see day one! A++++++ on your homework, Sharon! I am enjoying this class via my friends until I get a chance to take it! I hope you are healing well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!