Sunday, October 2, 2016

Happy Fall!


Hi everybody! Hope you had a wonderful World Cardmaking Day! I  had hoped to post this yesterday on the actual day of celebration, but it just didn't happen. So, today is the next best thing, right?

For this card, I joined the World Cardmaking Day Challenge #1 at Gina K Designs Stamp TV. She posted Challenges all day for us to try for a $50 Gift Certificate win. I'm in!

Watching a video by Gina K, I created this background using the Carved Wood technique. You first use your scoring board to create the lines (every 1/2 inch), then you use ink pads (Kraft, Dark Chocolate) across the paper. After it dries, you emboss it with an embossing folder that has vines. Lastly, you swipe white or ivory (I used white because I didn't have ivory) ink across the embossed paper. Suddenly, the design of the embossing folder shows up!

For the images, I die cut pumpkins and a squirrel from the recent Give Thanks Stamp TV Kit and then adhered them to the embossed background. I popped up the squirrel with pop dots and added the sentiment across the top.

This was a fun Challenge to join. I had never tried the Carved Wood Technique with the embossed background. I was skeptical, I'll admit, but I'm happy with the result.

Before I close, I want to thank you for your support. My health comes & goes (today it's a go!) and I never know what's next, but this blog helps me to stay positive and move forward. Your support goes a long way with that.

I appreciate you stopping by today. Your comments and visits mean a lot to me, and I hope to see you again real soon ~ there are more challenges ahead from World Cardmaking Day!


5 comments:

  1. Aloha dear Sharon, You created a wonderful card! Love your faux wood background! Isn't it a brilliant technique Gina came across? The squirrel is darling! Very happy you could play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I have that embossing folder laying on my desk as I thought about using it for this technique. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, and great take on the challenge. That little squirrel just makes me smile!! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love this technique! Making more today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Happy" is the perfect way to describe this card. It's so adorable, love that cute little squirrel. I hope your health gives you more good days than bad.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!