Saturday, May 10, 2014

Watercolor Day 6


Hello Again! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! The sun is out today and it is beautiful!

Today is Day 6 at Watercolor for Card Makers Online Card Class, and we had some awesome videos by excellent teachers. I am enjoying learning how to create beautiful cards using stamps and watercolors. For some reason, I had never tried some of these techniques before, and they aren't even that difficult!

This card is another one of my favorites. I have had it for years but never knew the best way to color it. Now I realize watercolors are the answer! After a few different attempts with different colors, I settled on this one, using pink for the flowers and deep purple for the background. I love that shade of green for the leaves! I tried to vary the shade a bit, some darker and some lighter, but I'm not sure you can tell it from this picture. No need for bling on this baby...just a simple sentiment. Love it!

I appreciate your visits and comments very much! We can always learn from one another as we "attend" class each day and comment on each other's cards. The lessons continue!

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful stamp for this technique The pink tulips are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you in class again Sharon. I've just looked at some of your previous cards and they are all lovely. I found this a difficult class, but loved every minute trying something different for me! I love you tulips and as you say that green is lovely, green is my favourite colour. C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sharon! wow, I love your card. it looks so easy, lol we will see when I try it. the colors are fabulous and I really like the smaller image size. may I ask what kind of watercolors did you use?
    I'm trying to find the set that works the best for me. thanks for sharing, your cards are always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right - watercolor is perfect for this image! Your card is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful!!! Love the colors and the beautiful simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!