Thursday, May 8, 2014

Watercolor Day 4

Hello! Happy Thursday! Today is Day 4 for Watercolor for Card Makers Online Card Class. We had three more videos full of lessons that I could work with for weeks!

For today's card, I used a flag stamp from Art Impressions. After coating it with Gelato-like inks, I spritzed it with water and then stamped it a couple of times. This is actually the second stamped image with those inks, and I think it turned out better than the first. I added USA to the bottom right corner and then put a ribbon around the card for the final step.

I like this card so much I believe I'll put it in my batch for Operation Write Home, an organization that sends handmade cards to soldiers serving our Country. Now that I have tried this technique and like it, I could make several more to add to the bunch!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much. It's fun to connect with other classmates, too. We can learn from each other! See you tomorrow --




4 comments:

  1. Everyone's cards are great....and yours is no exception....I love it. That's nice of you to donate cards to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is what I thought when I took a look this morning. You did great using the technique, but keeping it something I could tell what it was. The soldiers will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with this technique - it really gives a painterly quality to the flag stamp! Would be a fun piece to frame for home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this! It is fantastic. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!