Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Watercolor Day 2

Hello! Happy Tuesday! Today is Day 2 for Watercolor Class for Card Makers, and we learned more about creating watercolor backgrounds.

Agnieszka Malyszek provided an awesome video showing how she used watercolor pencils and water to get a beautiful background. I tried it and got a background that wasn't as soft as hers, but I still like it. Maybe it's the colors I used, and maybe I didn't use as much water. The paper was beginning to cause problems, so I stopped where I was. I like using the water with the black pencil to get the water drops. That turned out pretty neat. The stamped sentiment is from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life. The flower was cut from a Memory Box die called Dancing Tulips--one of my favorites!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! It's very hot here in NC...the beach is waiting for me! Thank you for your visits and your comments! I appreciate every one of you and hope you will come back to see what is created from Day 3 of Watercolor Class for Card Makers!


3 comments:

  1. Great job on this technique! I like the colors you choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! We meet again at an OCC :) Love this card! Soft, pretty wash with a great choice of die cut flower on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breath-taking in it's simplicity. It says it all, I love it. Sharon, you got this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!