Friday, April 25, 2014

Watercolor Pre-Class Chart

Hello! Guess what? I won a spot in the Online Watercoloring Class! Thank you, Jean Manis! I greatly appreciate it! The pre-class gallery has begun, and we have our first assignment to create charts and plaids, so here you go.

I created a couple of Watercolor Charts and made an attempt at a plaid design using my Gelatos. Kristina Werner showed us how to free-hand all this, and I tried to follow it, but I have a shaky hand, as you can see.

The two charts compare simple watercolor pencils with the more expensive Inktense pencils. The Gelatos (in the plaid design) are brand new, and this is the first time I really played with them. Very interesting medium, I must admit. When you first scribble them onto the craft mat, it's like a crayon, but as soon as you add a spritz of water, it turns into a nice watercolor. I was surprised the blue wasn't any sharper in color, but I think it still shows enough color for this. The red is a bit overpowering, but that's what reds do--they overpower!

The class doesn't start for more than a week, but you might see some more watercolor drafts in the meantime if I choose to put them in the Gallery. This is a first for me, btw...I've never had a watercolor class before, and I'm not one to draw independently. Now it's time for me to get some real watercolor paints, so beware! Who knows what I'll create once I start playing in those!

As always, I appreciate your visits and comments very much. This isn't much of a card to comment on, but I'd still love to hear from you. Take it easy!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations, Sharon! I am taking the class, too, and can't wait. I need to get over and check out the videos and work on my charts. Just that much information is already fabulous!! See you in class! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so delighted that you'll be in the class. Great job on getting a head start with the charts!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!