Monday, October 9, 2017

OCC Merry Maker Day 1






Hello everybody! I'm here today with homework from Online Card Classes Merry Maker's first day. This will be a holiday class where we will make a variety of cards for the upcoming holiday season. YAY! They didn't offer this class last year, and I was so disappointed! This is where I get my ideas for the year's cards I send out.

I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks to blend the colors for the background. Then I heat embossed the snowflakes in white. (All the snowflakes are from various stamp kits I've collected over the years.) The large "JOY" was from a stamp & die kit from Simon Says Stamps. I heat embossed that in silver and then die cut it. The rest of the sentiment was also heat embossed in silver.

Kristina Werner showed us how to do the "bokah" technique, and I like it. I've always thought that would be hard, but it wasn't. All I had to do was draw white circles with a paintbrush and water and then dab the excess off so the ink would lift. This works particularly well with Distress Oxide Inks. You'd think that wasn't challenging, but it was. Snuggles kept drinking the water!!!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sharon. Love the bokah background. Well done my friend, even with pesky Snuggles' help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The bokeh background looks well done. You are learning and doing a great job, even with Snuggles helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked the bokah technique with this elegant card, Sharon! Can't wait to see the rest of your homework!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!