Friday, October 13, 2017

OCC Merry Making Day 2


Hi everybody! I'm back with homework from Day 2 of Online Card Classes Merry Making. I followed a video by Jennifer McGuire to create this card. It's fairly simple yet appealing to the eye. That's my kind of card!

Lines were drawn every 1/4th inch across the bottom using my scoreboard by Martha Stewart.The stamp set I used is called Poinsettias by Inspired By Stamping. I've had it forever and got it when I won a gift certificate for their products. It was hard to choose which products I wanted, and I remember adding a good bit to this order. I've used this stamp set every Christmas since, so I'm very glad I got it.

The ink is from Gina K Designs, the cardstock from Stampin Up! I also used my Wink of Stella pen to add some glitter on the poinsettia center and also for the veins in the leaves. That's not visible in this photograph, unfortunately.

The ribbon had to be tied a few times -- Snuggles got a hold of it and kept untying the bow faster than I could re-tie it. I finally took the original off and started over again. Frustration! (I know it sounds like Snuggles is always a frustration, but I do really, truly love her...especially when she's sleeping!)

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


4 comments:

  1. What an interesting and very pretty technique. Love your flower here too with just the line art. Good job on your homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That JM is so clever! I never would have thought to do this, but I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect CAS Christmas card. I love that poinsettia stamp. Sorry I haven't commented for a while, for some reason I haven't been getting an email when you post. I just have to remember to check your blog. Now I'm going to catch up with my commenting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!