Thursday, March 20, 2014

CAS3 Day 10


Hello! Welcome to my blog--so good to have you here! Today is Day 10 for Online Card Classes' Clean and Simple 3 and we had more lessons on Textural Effects.

I chose to follow the lesson from Joy Taylor on the use of Embossing Paste, and it's been a fun afternoon playing with it! (Actually, first I tried the lesson from Laurie Wilson on DIY Diffusers but had no luck getting it to work, so I moved on to the Embossing Paste. Any of you have that trouble?)

Fortunately the leaf stencil was right at my fingertips and I was so happy to know where it was I jumped right in with the lesson and covered it with Embossing Paste. After it dried, I created a clear panel on the card base by attaching a strip of transparency so there would be a nice window on the side of the card. Then I attached the piece with the leaf and the paste. Finally, I added the sentiment that was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and then I put a little bling here and there with silver gems.

This was my second try for the lesson -- the embossing paste got smeared on my first one -- and I am happy with the way it turned out. I think it would be a good card for a wedding.

Thanks for stopping by! I am really enjoying your visits and comments and am learning so much from each of you--keep on coming back! See you tomorrow -- the last day of our lessons?


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous job! I need to get some embossing paste...
    I can't get the diffusers to work either...really frustrating...it looked so easy in the tutorial! Oh well...
    Love your card!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice take on today's lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you did it again my friend. You just keep coming up with the best cards ever. I haven't used embossing paste for a long time, maybe it's time to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!! I tried the diffusers too and had no luck, thought it was just me!! Have never tried embossing paste. It looks so good on your card, I might just have to give it a go sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, this would be a beautiful wedding card. I have not used embossing paste much - I think only once. I love how you have done the leaves here, it's just gorgeous. I have been looking forward to your posts every day to see what you have done for your class. I can tell you are really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card, Sharon.
    Transparency card base, that is clever. That is one area I have not tried. Looks really cool, though.
    Isn't that embossing paste addictive? I love playing with it. I can get carried away. Eek. Knowing when to stop, is definitely the key! LOL You did a smashing job. Kudos. TFS !!!
    I agree, this could be a wedding or an anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!