Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Color Challenge

Hi there! How's your Saturday coming along? I got up and decided to review challenges at The Outlawz and right away fell in love with the Color Challenge for this week. The colors specified are Lime Crush, Sugar Pink and Gorgeous Grape. Those are some fancy labels! I had the colors from different vendors, so I gave it a whirl. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life Inks in Guava and Grape, I used my stamp set from Simon Says Stamps and started layering that stamp up the page. I absolute love that stamp but cannot remember the name of it. (So sorry!) Once I got up about a third of the page, I inked the additional stamp at the top and added the Happy Birthday sentiment in Memento Black Onyx. Finally, I added the stamped ribbon, filled it in with my Glitter Pen, and wrapped around a White Organza Ribbon that was purchased from Gina K Designs.

This was a fun, Happy, card to make! Love those colors, and they look great together for a Birthday card, which was the "twist" for the challenge. Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments and your visits very much! They are very motivating and keep me moving forward on this continuous journey. See you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love these colors. Looks like rainbows of candy! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!