Friday, January 24, 2014

Get Well

Hi there! How is everybody today? Thank Goodness It's Friday! I put this card together this morning using a variety of materials in my stash. A friend of mine sent me the striped paper I used for the background, and I just love it!

For the image and sentiment, I used Gina K Designs Vogue Vases 2 by Theresa Momber. Love that set, and I love Theresa! (She sent me these stamps when I was down and out with a broken ankle/leg last Spring. Very sweet girl!) On top of the floral image,  I stamped the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Because the striped paper was so vibrant in color and design, I didn't want to take away from the image so I covered it with a piece of vellum (that has sparkles) before attaching. This was layered onto Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Sandy Beach, both in the cardstock pack for Love Letters patterned paper. The base layer for the card is also Black Onyx, with a layer of Sandy Beach inside to make it light enough for writing a personal message.

Creating this card was a little different for me because I used pieces from a variety of supplies, some from a pack and some pieces that were separate, just laying in my stash. I really like that striped paper and am glad I used it in this card. Floral images are always a favorite for me. Adding the sentiment over the image was a first for me. What do you think?

Thanks for coming by today. I appreciate your visits and your comments very, very much! Hope to see you again soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is really cheery for a Get Well. Love that Theresa sent you those stamps, no doubt that made you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!