Thursday, March 19, 2015

Stretch Your Dies Day 1

Hello! How are you today? I'm enjoying Online Card Classes again, this time with Stretch Your Dies. I don't have that many dies, but I love using them. This classes teaches us how to get the most from our dies.

For Day 1, we had several videos to watch, but I decided to follow the lesson from Jennifer McGuire where we learned how to create a background similar to embossing. We also learned  how to cut fun foam with our dies and then shrink them using our heat gun. It's been fun trying to accomplish that, believe me! I chased that word die all over the table before it finally stayed put long enough to shrink! Next, I colored the sentiment. I also cut the flowers with the fun foam so they'd have some dimension and colored them, too.

This was my second attempt at this card, which is why it's a few days late. The first time I tried it, I mistakenly die cut the larger "Thanks" for the background out of fun foam--over & over & over. (Well, I couldn't help it--that's what I thought I remembered from the video. Let's call it an Aged Mind.)

My background turned out to be so puffy I couldn't fit the die cut sentiment on to finish the card! So, I started over and this time cut the words for the background out of regular cardstock. That looked a lot better, thank goodness!

I hope you like today's card, and I do appreciate you stopping by today. Your comments and visits mean the word to me! See you again real soon!


6 comments:

  1. That's a nice thank you card. I loved hearing about how you are taking the class and making an embossed background, sounds (and looks!) cool. Love those happy Spring flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! I didn't have the patience for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you nailed that technique. I am taking the class too, and I'm loving it. So many good tips. I love the all white background and then the pops of color with the flowers. Who knew you could shrink fun foam. Jennifer is really into using it lately. Fabulous card, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. Good job on making the embossed background. I never knew you could shrink fun foam, I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea and it looks amazing! Might just have to CASE this one.....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!