Friday, August 18, 2017

OCC Rainbow Maker Day 6


Hi everybody! This is the last post for my Online Card Class called Rainbow Maker. Can you believe it?

I really appreciate everybody hanging in there with me as I get my homework done. Your comments have kept me going, even when I felt like giving up. You wouldn't believe how much your positive words help in the creative process. I could be covered with embossing paste, ink and adhesive, ready to hang it up, when I think "Who knows, somebody might like this..." and Voila! I get a positive comment. Absolutely makes my day.

This card was created with a Tim Holtz Stencil called Latticework and some embossing paste that I colored with soft rainbow colors. I chose some reinkers that aren't so bright to put in the embossing paste this time. I like everything but the pink, but that's okay. I'll probably try a different red next time.

The sentiment die came from Stephanie Barnard's The Stamps of Life, and the flower is a Spellbinders die called Asters and Poppies. Love those flowers! I added a little bling with Stickles, gems and sequins. Hope it's not too much.

I followed a lesson by Laura Bassen to create this card. Love that lady! She's so funny and keeps me laughing while I learn.

As usual, I stood at my kitchen stove to put this together. When I tried it at the craft table, Snuggles ran off with the Love die cut & I had to chase her around the dining room to get it! She's REALLY interested in the reinkers, but right now they're on the stove top, too. Now that class is over, I can put all this stuff away. Then what will she grab? Oh, I can hardly wait to find out...

Thank you for stopping by today. Like I said, your comments and visits mean the world to me. Hope to see you again soon ~


5 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty Sharon. Love that stencil and I think the little pop of pink is perfect. I can hardly wait to find out what Snuggles grabs next too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and looks like it took a lot of time to make! I'm inspired to color some embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I like the pink as it blends well with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I thought yesterday's card was my favorite, but I was wrong. This is gorgeous!! I love the colors you used, and the notion that it is done with embossing paste makes it even prettier!!! It's simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished with a bang, Sharon! It is we who should thank you for sharing all the inspiration from your classes! I love this and I love the last beautiful heart card, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!