Friday, June 6, 2014

Bleached Heart





Watch Out! I'm on a roll with this bleaching technique! This is my second post for today, and I'm having fun!

This is a post for the Mod Squad Challenge, which asked for an Anniversary card. I think this one would work well.

I used the hand and heart image from Gina K Design's Where Your Heart Is stamp set by Melanie Muenchinger. First, I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the image that had been inked in black Versafine ink.Then I painted around and inside the hands with bleach and watched the magic happen as the Ocean Mist cardstock turned to an ivory color. Soooo cool!

This technique is so much fun, it's addictive. I like how the colors in the patterned paper, also from Gina K Designs, go so well with the bleached cardstock. This wasn't planned at the beginning -- I painted first to see what color the cardstock would turn before selecting the background paper. I was amazed how lucky I was that it all worked together. I used a piece of Ocean Mist ribbon around the patterned paper and then added the sentiment. All of this was layered onto Black Onyx cardstock to finish up the card.

Thank you for stopping by again today! I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again real soon.


2 comments:

  1. Nice bleaching on this one and such pretty color results too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous card with the bleaching! I love it! And what a special anniversary design too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!