Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Sympathy


Hello everybody! I've had a hard time getting into my blog lately, but I finally persisted and I'm IN! WooHoo!

During January I found myself needing some Sympathy cards. Looking through my stash, I saw that my supply was low, so I got busy and created some more. These are just a few samples I thought you might like to see. The good news is I sold them as fast as I could make them!

I find it difficult to create Sympathy cards soon after a friend or family member has passed away, so I try to keep a half dozen or so ready to go at any time.

The above card was simple to create. It just took a stencil and some ink, along with Clarity Stencil Brushes. The brushes insured a light coating of ink, and all I had to do to make it more prominent was add more.  I used a stencil by Gina K Designs.

Here another that could be used for Get Well or Sympathy:



For this card, I used a stamp set by Theresa Momber at Gina K Designs called Tropical Tidings. After stamping the image on the Kraft cardstock, I used gamsol with my colored pencils to color. Finally, I added some accents with a white pen. This is one of my favorite cards, so I hope you like it!

Finally, I'm sharing this card created for a dear friend who lost her husband to Colon Cancer just before Christmas.


I stamped a large background stamp (from Gina K Designs) to the card base, then covered with a piece of vellum. "Prayers" (from Simon Says Stamps) was die cut several times, glued on top of each other to make it stand out, and then added to the vellum. To finish the card, I added the rest of the sentiment, sequins and a piece of ribbon.

Despite the concerning messages on the cards, I hope you enjoyed looking at today's post. I thank you for your comments and visits, and hope to see you again real soon ~


5 comments:

  1. We always need to keep sympathy cards on hand and these are so nice! I may CASE you on a few cards. Love the butterfly one and think I have that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, your cards are lovely, you have inspired me. Very thoughtful selection of sympathy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, these are all so beautiful. Sure to bring comfort to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have wrapped the sentiment around the harvest arrangement Nancy,and as usual your embellies are perfect!
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!