Friday, July 31, 2015

OCC Background Check Days 1-3

Hello everybody! How's your day? The weather is sunny and very hot where I live, so I'm staying in and creating cards. Nothin' better!

At the last minute, I joined in on Online Card Classes' Background Check. (Did I put that apostrophe in the right place?) They were already on Day 2 by the time I joined, so I had some homework to catch up on. That's why I'm posting the first three days worth of homework at one time.

The first day we created backgrounds with Tim Holtz' Distress Inks. I used a variety of colors, including Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean. For my first card, I covered the entire piece of cardstock with Distress Inks. The ribbon is from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life Card Kit Club. I was amazed how well it matched! The sentiment is from a stamp set I received as a gift, and I'm not sure what company it is from.

Day 3 we finished the cards using the sponged cardstock we had created in Day 1. (Day 2 we learned about stamping techniques such as plaid stamping, using Dye and Pigment Inks, and ink resist. I still have to post my card showing ink resist.)

For my second card, I used the same three colors but only sponged them in the center of the piece of cardstock. That left me room for an image and a sentiment within the colored area.

The image and sentiment is from The Ton. I've had a lot of fun with those Pandas!

Isn't he cute? lol In case you can't read it, the sentiment says "sending you hugs and happy thoughts." I love this, and I plan to send it to one of my two sons. My oldest is in Missouri, and my youngest lives in Glendale, California, close to Los Angeles. I don't see them often enough, so I send them cards.

This card is probably my favorite. Using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries I created this ocean scene. The sentiment, from Simon Says Stamps, says "Sending Prayers & Love" -- definitely another one for my boys! The boat is from Lawn Fawn's Float My Boat stamp set.

All three of these cards follows lessons by Laura Basson on Day 1 and 3. I have one more card to show you that's actually from Day 2's lesson by Jennifer McGuire, but I haven't quite finished it yet. I have the background done, but I'm not sure what to do with it next to create a good card! Yikes!

If you're in the class, please stop for a minute and let me know you're here in the comments! I love meeting classmates!

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh your backgrounds are beautiful! And obviously you can use them for any style of stamps! Classes are paying off....I hope you enjoy them all! Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work! I was attracted to the "beach" sentiment. If you ever figure out the company, I'd love to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding Sharon!!! All three! And Yes, the panda IS a cutie pie!!! Great sentiments for all three cards. Your backgrounds are just amazing. Have lots and lots of fun in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous - you are rockin' the class, as usual. I think it's great that you actually do the homework...unlike me. Love your colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!