Saturday, February 22, 2014

Go for the Gold!

It's time to post a card for the Mod Squad Challenge! This week the requirement is to include something Gold. This is in reference to the Olympic Games that are currently going on, and everybody's "Going for the Gold."


I found some paper in my stash-- SEI Field Notes 6 x 6 paper pack--and inside was this glorious piece of gold and black, just right for my card! I gold embossed a floral image (from Stephanie Barnard's Stamps of Life) and sentiment (from Gina K Designs) onto vellum and attached it to the top with a gold brad. I layered this onto black so you could see it better, then I added a black ribbon. All of this was placed onto an Ivory card base.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your visits and comments very much, as they keep me moving forward on this creative journey. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Sharon. That paper is out of this world, and you have used it perfectly here. I love your card - way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect paper you found for the challenge, its really beautiful! The black ribbon finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!! Love that paper and the black ribbon is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love that elegant paper. Thank you for your nice comment n my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sooo pretty!!! That paper is just shimmery goodness!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome paper for the bg! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!