Friday, April 19, 2019

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter everybody! To begin, I thought I'd post a picture of my Easter Wreath. It used to be so colorful with pastel Easter colors such as pink, blue, green and yellow. Over the past 20 years, it has faded so I pulled out my watercolors a few weeks ago and began painting layers of light color. You can barely see the colors, but they are there.





These are the Easter cards I created for my family. Since I was mailing them, I kept them rather Clean and Simple - no bling or ribbon, except I did add a little bow on each one of them. I tried to use colors each recipient likes.

Although I've pretty much stopped buying stamp sets, I did purchase the Wreath Builder set from Gina K Designs. It includes a stencil you use so you can stamp a complete, even circle by turning your cardstock as you stamp. You can see I used it to create the circle of bunnies on each card.

I resisted this set for a long time, but in a couple weeks I will go to Greensboro (NC) to take a Wreath Builder class given by Gina K herself! YES! I am SO excited! I thought I'd better practice with it first before trying to do it around a lot of people.

Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your comments and visits very much, and I hope to see you again real soon ~


6 comments:

  1. LOL That is so cute, Sharon! I would be excited too! ;) (Meeting Gina K!) HOPE you have a FABULOUS TIME!!! I LOVE your card & the Peeps! I tried to keep my Easter Cards simple this year too! I've also been looking at that Wreath Builder Stencil. A SUPER JOB & INKY HUGS for your sweet visit dear friend! ;) It's people like you that make me SMILE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky girl to see Gina and take a class with her. What fun that will be. I LOVE all your sweet cards, and I know your family will love them too. Happy Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peep wreaths looks fun! Glad you were able to go to Gina's class. Can't wait to see more of your fun wreath cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that same wreath, mine the eggs cracked from the heat of the sun, I think, so finally tossed! Love yours with the pale colors. And your cards are so cute - your family will love them. I met Gina at the Christmas at the Villages along with Karen, Melanie and Theresa. It was so much fun! You will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are absolutely adorable!!! Isn't it fun to use the Wreath Builder set? I like your Easter wreath with the subtle colors. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wreaths are fabulous! Happy Easter! Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!